Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2015

"Five For Friday" with musician Jack Hardy

New Orleans based musician Jack Hardy makes lo-fi, psychedelic songs that are undeniably charming. His latest release "Slipped" will be available this Fall as a limited edition cassette on CMM. Jack shares some of his favorite songs in this weeks edition of "Five For Friday" But first enjoy one of his finest tracks "Or Anyone".

Adult Acid - Thee Oh Sees

I love Thee Oh Sees. I knew I was going to include them on this list - this song happens to be the one I listened to most recently - it’s just a proxy.

Swag - Ty Segall

I’ve put this song on every time I’ve gotten in the car for 2+ years. I listen to it when I’m walking somewhere, too. If I’m moving, Ty Segall is playing. It makes me feel cool.

Disciples - Tame Impala

This song is just so darn good, and it’s so darn short, and I like it so darn much. Kevin Parker is the closest thing I have to a God. Praise be.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

There is no other song to which I have a more inexplicable attachment than this. Maybe it’s the music, maybe it’s nostalgia, maybe it’s their hair. Either way - it gets me.

Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran

I don’t feel I even need to explain this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment